Blue Clouds over Loop 360

Blue Clouds over Loop 360 - Austin, Texas

Blue Clouds over Loop 360 – Austin, Texas

I’ve carried around my Panasonic Lumix ZR1 almost everywhere. It’s small enough that it easily fit into my pant’s pocket. And though this is an inexpensive, refurnished point and shoot I got for $70, it really does take decent photographs especially at ISO 80. So much so that, for now at least, it ‘s my daily carry around camera. For a while I was hoping my water proof Sony TX5 would fill that role but I found that ultimately, even at its lowest ISO, the image quality didn’t satisfy. I stopped carrying it around, even though it was rugged and smaller than the Panasonic.

I took this photograph a couple of days ago. We were going out to dinner and I noticed these stormy clouds after a day of badly needed rain. It was still bright enough that I could shoot easily at ISO 80. A little motion blur, leading lines and a melancholy blue image creating a moody photo for the start of a new work week. Taken in West Austin traveling along Loop 360, also know as the Capital of Texas Highway. What a cool name for a highway.

Please make sure to click on the photograph to see a larger image and hover over the photo to see the exposure details.

1. Nice photo :)

October 1, 2012 at 2:25 am

• Thank you.

October 2, 2012 at 12:27 am

2. wherethedaytakesme

As always such a beautiful shot.

October 1, 2012 at 5:27 am

• You are too kind.

October 2, 2012 at 12:28 am

3. This is nice – I like the pavement color.

The E-PL1 and the 17mm is usually my carry-around now, I put together a a little padded sleeve and carry it in the handbag. Having had 2 broken LCD screens on previous cameras, I take measures to prevent another. And I don’t carry all the usual purse junk so that helps too.

October 1, 2012 at 8:57 am

• If I had a handbag I would pack an Olympus too. I’ve frequently thought of the E-PM1 and the 14mm lens. That would be the smallest Pen combination (excluding the new lens cap lens) that I can make. Alas, even that combo is too big from my pocket so the ZR1 will have to do for now.

October 2, 2012 at 12:30 am